Dry skin problems can worsen from time to time, can be permanent or cyclical – in any of these cases, dry sensitive skin needs year-round care. Dry irritated skin can itch, flake, crack, and even bleed. Such skin most often has such manifestations as a feeling of skin tightness (after showering, morning and evening facial cleansing, bathing or swimming), redness, noticeable scaling or peeling, dullness and «lifeless», irritation.
These symptoms can be dangerous if
- your skin condition has not improved for a long time despite quality care
- some ulcers appear on the skin
- itching intensifies under certain conditions (after a certain meal or at night)
- there are disturbing symptoms from other organs
- the areas of scaling or peeling skin become larger
In these cases, any treatment and care must be started with a visit to your doctor!
In other cases, dry skin is not usually a serious symptom. It is often caused by different factors: hot or cold weather, low humidity due to the central heating, wood-burning stoves, space heaters and fireplaces, aggressive skin care products, frequent pool visits. Skin conditions such as atopic dermatitis, eczema or psoriasis are prone to dry skin.
Dry sensitive skin treatment routine
To help dry sensitive skin and prevent its return, dermatologists recommend the following:
- limit the time spent in rooms with dry air and air conditioning
- use warm water rather than hot
- apply enough cleanser to remove dirt, but avoid skin overdrying
- blot your skin gently with a cotton towel after a shower (do not rub the skin intensively and do not use synthetic towels)
- use the light natural moisturizer immediately after drying your skin
- your care products should also relieve skin problems (cracks, peeling, redness, rash)
- avoid aggressive and abrasive skin care products
- use natural healing creams
- such skin needs protection (against ultraviolet radiation, cold wind, frost etc)
Sensitive skin treatment routine should
- include every day moisturizing,
- have an antibacterial effect to prevent the spread of infection (for skin with scratches),
- protect skin from dry and cold wind in wet weather,
- be hypoallergenic,
- nourish the skin with medicinal plant oils (plants with proven treatment efficacy are Pistachio Seed Oil, Tamanu Oil, Chia Seed Oil, Myrtle Essential Oil).
Skin care products for dry sensitive skin should not contain alcohol, retinoids, or alpha-hydroxy acid (AHA). You should also choose non-irritating clothes made of natural material and laundry detergent to avoid irritation in other parts of the body. You can plug in a humidifier in your apartment.
Rosacea treatment and care
Rosacea or couperose is diagnosed by a doctor after an external examination and analysis of the patient’s anamnesis. Conditions as psoriasis, eczema or lupus can sometimes have symptoms similar to rosacea. That’s why any treatment should be started with a visit to a dermatologist.
To remove rosacea, you need, first of all, control the skin symptoms. Rosacea treatment suggests the combination of effective home skin care and prescription some drugs if it is necessary. Rosacea care involves topical preparations that reduce redness and dryness. To remove «rosacea cheeks» the active ingredients of the cream should have vascular strengthening property. Rosacea herbal treatment includes creams with Myrtle Essential Oil. This component strengthens the of blood vessels walls and increases their elasticity, promotes resorption of hematomas, reduces peeling of skin with psoriasis, dermatitis and rosacea. Myrtle Essential Oil increases skin immunity and helps restore the protective layer of the skin. You should carefully study the composition of the cream, the presence of this component will positively affect your skin.
Topical rosacea and couperose care products should have significant wound healing effect, because very often such skin is covered with mini-cracks. The natural component that heals the cracks, wounds and other skin damages is Tamanu Oil, it has also an anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effect due to calophyllic acid and an immunostimulating agent – calophyllolide.
Some innovative tools may include CO2-extracts of healing plants (the most effective herbal extracts are beggartick, yarrow, chamomile, needles, grape seeds, birch bast, sage, plantain extracts). The complex of Veratin Classic Forte CO2-extracts is designed to accelerate skin healing and activate metabolic processes. It has anti-inflammatory, bactericidal, wound healing, softening effects. It has also calming, tonic, firming properties, relieves itching and pain.
So, natural home care that does not irritate the skin and avoiding rosacea triggers – are the main factors for rosacea care.
General guidelines for dry, sensitive, irritated skin and skin with rosacea care
- You should always protect your face – apply sunscreen and cold protective cream, wear a cotton or silk scarf.
- You should treat your skin gently – cosmetics, home care preparations, towels, even food should be as natural and hypoallergenic as possible.
- Reduce visible redness with natural herbs and overnight creams.
- Avoid changes in temperature, red wine and other alcoholic beverages, hot drinks and spicy foods, overabundance of cosmetic products.
Damaged skin care
Care for damaged skin with scratches, cuts, abrasions and other injuries (for example, recently made tattoos) requires special attention. To avoid wound infection, the formation of ulcers and, as a result, scars, you need to use special care preparations for skin with injuries.
Scratches and cuts are divided into two groups: deep and shallow. Shallow microtrauma, as a rule, heals within a week, while deep ones (from careless handling of a knife or glass) can cause complications. In both cases, home care preparations should include antibacterial, healing, epithelizing and anti-inflammatory components.
The main purpose of creams for damaged skin is to prevent the formation of the scars, thus, it is necessary to study the composition of wound healing preparations. Such preparations should include glycerin, lanolin, stearic acid, medicinal plant oils, extracts of herbs. An important function of wound healing cream is the ability to increase local immunity in the wound. Plants that have this property are Calophyllum Inophyllum (Tamanu nut), Milk Thistle, Chamomilla Recurita Flower, Hypericum Perforatum. Care preparations with these herbal ingredients will be more effective. You should also avoid excessive moisture, physical impact on damaged skin and scratching.
If you get a microtrauma, you should first wash the damaged skin with cold boiled water and soap, then get it wet with a napkin and apply a wound healing cream. You can also use an aseptic bandage to protect the wound from external factors. You should use a wound healing cream until full recovery twice a day (in the morning and evening) and after every aseptic bandage change.
If the cut is on the face, it is necessary to exclude the use of concealers for some time – it is better to use light powder or refuse cosmetics.
General guidelines for damaged skin care
1.It is necessary to clean damaged skin, but before full recovery it is important to use boiled water and pat the skin with a napkin (in case of scratches, cuts, abrasions). In case of tattoo aftercare skin cleanse should involves a short shower with the obligatory use of natural towels.
2.After skin cleansing you need to apply a special care cream (try to choose creams with several effects at once)
3.It is important to use a protective cream in the cold season and creams with SPF during the active sun season
4.Give preference to natural skin care preparations.
You can find out more information about our special cosmeceutical preparations. Our cosmeceuticals are certified and suitable for solving many skin problems. The perfect remedy for damaged skin care is Veratin Classic Cream – take care of your skin properly!
Veratin Skin Care – our skin deserves better!